Seaside UMC Preschool opened it’s doors in September of 1996 to thirty children. Joan Powell was one of three church members who wrote and received grants from Duke Endowment to establish a Christian based preschool.
See how well you do on our true/false quiz:
- Our preschool has a set curriculum which teaches Christian values, social skills, academic readiness essential for success in kindergarden.
- Tuition covers teacher salaries, supplies, playground equipment and all other operating expenses.
- Preschool expenses are part of Seaside UMC’s budget.
- The Preschool only accepts students whose families can guarantee full tuition.
- All students come from “churched” families.
(Answers at the bottom of this post)
Although our tuition fees remain below what most other area preschools charge, many families are experiencing financial hardship. Our Preschool is an extension of SUMC’s mission and ministry.
Can you help?
Financial gifts from our membership would be a blessing to our program.
Please make checks payable to Seaside Methodist Preschool.
Seaside UMC Preschool Board
Mary Ann vonHausen, Chairperson
Rev. Scott Wilson-Parsons
- False (The church maintains the building)