|Receive Text Updates From Seaside|
|Your Seaside Staff wants to stay in touch with you as best as possible during this time of “social distancing.” We will continue to use our email system to keep you updated as well as post YouTube videos and updates to our website when necessary.|
In addition, we have the ability to send text messages to you, if you would like. Please Note: Just because you are receiving this email does not mean you are on the text message distribution list. You must opt in to receive them.
Signing up for text updates is simple. Just text the word “START” to 910-490-2216. You will then receive an automated reply letting you know that we received your request.
March 15, 2020
Click here to download the latest information from your church staff
March 12, 2020
Dear Seaside Family,
Because of the concern over the COVID19 pandemic, Bishop Hope Morgan Ward, the episcopal leader of the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church has asked the churches in our Annual Conference to “Cease Public Worship for the next two weeks.” This means that all services for March 15 & 22 will be cancelled as well as any other activities that are planned at the church over the next two weeks. As a caring Christian Community, we share concern for both the spiritual and the physical well-being of our congregation. Please be in prayer for those who are already affected by this virus and for the way in which we as God’s people may respond to human suffering.
There are certain things that I want to ask you to do during this unique time.
- Even though we cannot worship together, we are able to commune together through the Bible readings from the Gospel of Mark. Continue to faithfully observe your readings as well as your devotional and prayer disciplines.
- As soon as it is possible, we will post a video on-line for each of the services that we miss. We will notify you of the link for this video so that you and your family may be able to continue the discipline of worship. This may even be a good time to invite a friend who is currently not churched to tune in as well.
- As we adjust to this time in our community, we will no longer be making personal visits to the hospital or nursing homes in the unlikely event that we may bring germs in with us. However, this does not apply to “life and death” situations. If you need us, you may call the emergency number (910-269-1923) at the church and we will respond. Our visits will be by phone or email, depending on the situation.
- Please remember that even though we are not worshiping for two Sundays, we still have obligations that the church must meet. Therefore, we are asking you to continue supporting the church financially by either on-line giving or mailing your gift to the church.
- During this time the church offices will remain closed, but the staff will still be on the job. We will be focusing on keeping our facilities clean and having them ready when we all return.
Thank you for understanding in this Season of Germs. We all look forward to the day in which life returns to normal and we feast at the banquet table of God very well.