Seaside’s Food Pantry served the following clients during February:
Total served: 766
Total households served: 244
Special thanks go out to all of our wonderful volunteers who come each week to faithfully and joyfully serve our food pantry clients. There is much behind the scenes work involved:
- Monday morning volunteers pick up non-perishable food items and deliver to Seaside’s Pantry and stock shelves.
Each Tuesday morning:
- Volunteers visit Lowes Foods to pick up produce Lowes has available to donate.
- The same group of men come to the church each week long before the pantry opens. They set up the fellowship hall so service can be provided in a welcoming and orderly manner.
- Volunteers work checking clients in at 9:30 am as clients arrive.
- Other volunteers work tirelessly throughout the morning bagging groceries in the small area behind the kitchen.
- Another team of volunteers are busy in the Fellowship Hall distributing extra items donated to the Food Pantry along with eggs, bread and additional meat provided through your generosity.
- Volunteers assist clients in taking groceries to cars.
- A member of the Health and Wellness Ministry offers blood pressure checks.
- A Stephen Minister is available to listen and pray with clients.
At least 60 individuals participate in this outreach mission of our church throughout the year. Please know how much each of you is appreciated!