I was talking with someone new to our area recently and when she learned I was connected to Seaside, she brightened up and said, “Oh, I have heard about your fair and I can’t wait!” For many, September means the ending of the summer season, the beginning of school, football season and (mercifully) cooler weather. But for us at Seaside—and for many in this community—September means Country Fair! Yes, it’s that time again friends.
Many of you have signed up already to help out. Others are making arrangements to be at one or more of the events associated with the fair. For everyone, please check your calendar for the following dates:
- September 9 (Friday 5:30—7:00 pm): “A Taste of Italy,” Country Fair Kick-off Dinner in the Fellowship Hall. Join us for your choice of Meat or Vegetable Lasagna, salad, bread, drink and dessert. Pre-sale tickets are $15 and are available now in the church office. Tickets will not be available at the door.
- September 11 (Sunday 4:00 pm): “Red White and Blue” Our 2016 RWB Concert features “Letters from Home” a dramatic and musical tribute to World War II era Veterans. The appearance of this remarkable duet is courtesy of a grant from BEMC. Doors open at 3:15. There is no charge for the event, but a love offering will be received in support of the fair effort.
- September 13 (Tuesday, 8:30 am): Country Fair Setup begins. Tents start going up and tables moved into place.
- September 14 (Wednesday, 8:30 am): Country Fair Setup Continues as we begin moving merchandise into place. Trucks and hands needed.
- September 15 (Thursday, 8:00 am): “All Hands on Deck” Kick-off service will run from 8:00 to 8:30 am, then final setup for the fair begins. This involves moving many of our larger items, so extra pickup trucks and many hands are needed. Lunch for workers will be in the fellowship hall at noon.
- September 16 (Friday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm): COUNTRY FAIR!
- September 17 (Saturday, 8:00 am): Live Auction begins at 10:00 am, Silent Auction closes at noon. Clean-up begins at 1:00 pm (Hang around and help clean up if you can…PLEASE!)
- September 18, (Sunday, 10:00 am): “A Celebration of Unity,” Join us for a single Sunday morning worship service where we celebrate the unity that the fair represents for our congregation. Take the rest of the day off…you’ve earned it!
Remember the last day for Country Fair drop-offs is August 29, Last day for Pickups (scheduled in advance) is August 30.
We look forward to a great 2016 Country Fair.