Greetings, one and all.
The journey down that long and winding road leading us back to public worship is almost over. I commend entirely the actions, attitude, and approach taken by our Board of Trustees, COVID Response Team, Staff, and Trained Volunteers toward regathering for large groups of people. God bless you!
In this communication, you will find valuable and instructional information in the COVID RESPONSE TEAM UPDATE as we prepare to regather for public worship. Please read it and prepare accordingly.
Right now, we need everyone’s prayers as we test our capabilities over the next two weeks. If you watch us online at 9:00 and 11:00 the next two Sunday mornings, we will be LIVE. The service will still post automatically afterward. Please give us feedback on issues with sound, lighting, and other things you see, hear, don’t see, and don’t hear so that we can tweak it next Sunday. As this is happening, our volunteers will be working in real-time to disinfect after the 9:00 service this week and tweaking our discoveries next week. If all goes well, then we hope to regather for public worship on October 4, 2020.
Honestly, the most critical factors that could impact regathering are:
1. Reconciling all health and safety issues, especially disinfecting.
2. Cheerful conformity to the guidelines and new orders of worship we put forward, including masks, social distance, attendance registration, and sanitizing.
3. No other spikes in the Pandemic OR in financial support matters that may make adjustments to the plan our best option.
4. Our ability to live stream the service successfully to those who choose not to regather at this time.
5. Management of post-worship exit strategy so that we have adequate time to prepare the sanctuary for the next service (s).
If we can do all of these things and be ready for the next service in less than 20 minutes, we believe going back to our regular three service schedule is possible.
Again, I want to commend everyone for your prayers, encouragement, and continued financial support of the General Fund.
Your positive responses to our request for assistance through the survey, questionnaire, volunteering, training, and happy spirit of cooperation continues to lead us down the long and winding road, and it will lead us back to regathering for public worship very soon.
Click here for the CRT Update for Re-opening